Cats: R770 – This includes a Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) and Feline Leukemia Virus (FELV) test. Owing to the high prevalence of Felv and Fiv in the feline community, this test is now done before a cat/kitten is put up for adoption.
Adoption fees include sterilisation, the first vaccination, de-worming, an ID disc and a microchip.
PLEASE NOTE: When applying to adopt a pet, a non-refundable deposit of R100 is required, which is included in the total adoption fee. Please e-mail proof of deposit – using ‘Adoptions’ followed by your initial and surname as the beneficiary reference – to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you’ve decided which cat you’d like to adopt, one of our pre-placement officers will visit your home. This ensures that your property is suitable for the animal concerned. The pre-placement officer will also take note of the following:
• You must be over 18 to adopt.
• Your property must be fully enclosed.
• You must be able to afford the services of a private vet and have your own transport to take your pet to the vet.
• If you have other pets, we request that you first bring them to the Cape of Good Hope SPCA for a “meet & greet” with your new adopted pet.
• Often we have no history on a cat, therefore if you have young children bring them to meet the animal.
The CoGH SPCA have a resident behaviourist who is happy to assist WITH pre-and post-adoption. Our match-making process is designed for each unique animal and ensures that we know every animal is placed with the best person and family.