Join our fight against animal cruelty by running the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon on the 20 April 2019 for the Cape of Good Hope SPCA
BeTheReason your Race Rescues and Restores Animals
The Cape of Good Hope SPCA invites you to join Team SPCA in the 2019 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon (OMTOM) in Cape Town. By joining the SPCA team to run the 21km half marathon or 56km ultra marathon, you are guaranteed an entry into the race – and through the funds you raise along your journey – you ensure that countless animals get the help and love they deserve.
Each hard-earned step and Cent raised goes towards caring for abused, abandoned, stray, sick or injured animals and also rescuing them from the hands of cruel or indifferent people. You will also be helping us to restore the animals in our care to find loving homes for them.
In addition the personal satisfaction that your race will help us rescue, recover and restore animals our top 3 fundraisers of Team SPCA will each be awarded with a hamper to the value of over R1000 each sponsored by Civvio and what is more our top fundraiser will also receive a R2000 gift voucher kindly sponsored by Sunglass Hut
There are limited charity entries available and a first come, first serve basis will apply.
All that is needed is for each half marathon runner is to agree to raise a minimum of R2 500 and each full marathon runner to raise a minimum of R3000.
- A Guaranteed half or full marathon entry!
- Our top fundraiser will be awarded a hamper kindly sponsored by Civvio to the value of over R1000. (hamper consists of x2 magnetic safety light, Silicone Squeeze water bottle, a pair of Goodsmellas, a race number magnet set, a green dual pocket activity belt and pair of running gloves) and also a R2000 gift voucher sponsored by Sunglass Hut
- Our 2nd and 3rd top fundraiser will each be awarded with a hamper kindly sponsored by Civvio to the value of over R1000.
- Team SPCA runners will each receive a limited edition one-of-a-kind SPCA/ Bravecto branded running shirt.
- Team SPCA runners will also receive a special goody bag from the SPCA;
- We’ll offer you lots of fundraising advice, support and tips on how to confidently ask for support and supply you with a standard appeal letter that you can use to encourage family, friends and colleagues to support you.
- You don’t have to handle any money directly.
- We will also be exhibiting at Two Oceans Expo from the 17-19 April 2019 and will have exciting things on offer!
- Most importantly the personal satisfaction of running and the knowledge that your race has made a big difference to the lives of those animals forced to fight!
Enter now https://enter.entryninja.com/events/39982-spca-old-mutual-two-oceans and pay deposit of R500. The balance of R2000 for half marathon and R2500 for full marathon is due the 29 March 2019.
Terms and Conditions
Each Team SPCA runner agrees to raise a minimum of R2500 for the ½ marathon and R3000 for the full marathon. This amount includes OMTOM entry, branded running shirt, goody bag and many other surprises.
Deposit and payment terms
A R500 deposit must be paid upon registration by all runners. The balance of R2000 or R2500 must be paid ( either directly into our bank account, Given Gain or Doit4Charity by 29 March 2019.
If you cancel your entry before the 11 January 2019, a 50% surcharge will be deducted from your deposit. Should you cancel after this date you will forfeit your deposit
Team SPCA cycle shirts are manufactured by Racepace Sportswear and are made from DNS management material. The fabric is cool and comfortable to wear with a lateral stretch to ensure easy fit with no restriction on movement.